We're all friends here.

Have a blog or website devoted to backyard or urban farming, sustainable living, gardening, or just something cool that you think would fit in with what we're trying to do? Drop us a line or leave a comment. We'd love to add a link to your site!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Life on the farm - June 2016

Well shoot it's been awhile.  Life if humming along here at the farm.  Seems I've been busy every weekend since early April working on the house getting it ready to sell.  Yep we'll be establishing a new city farm somewhere hopefully a little larger by next spring.  But that doesn't mean I didn't plant and don't expect to reap what I've sown this summer and fall.

First thing I did this spring was paint the greenhouse.  It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile now.










Now it matches the house and shed very nicely.  I also painted the whole house and ended up with about 2 gallons of the white left so I'll probably put a new coat on the shed and addons.

I also pruned back my raspberry bramble.  Over the years I've been slowly training my canes.  Last year I also did a big pruning on my 2 year old canes and had a bumper crop and it looks like this year will be the same.


 My local bees are very happy with the raspberry flower turn out, as am I.



 I ended up moving my pea fence to my other large bed to mix things up and give the old bed a rest.
 The green and yellow zuchs, summer squash and lemon squashes.

I've already harvested a few yellow wax beans and they will be eaten soon!
The only other thing in the green house besides long beans are my cucumbers, which aren't very tall, but are starting to put off a lot of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment